Umbrella Company Price Check
No Umbrella Company can ‘earn’ you more than any other – we are all regulated by HM Revenue and Customs. The only factor that should affect your take home pay is the umbrella company's margin.
Top tips on what to look for when choosing an Umbrella Company
- Guaranteed Margin - some Umbrella Companies charge a percentage of your invoices which can prove extremely expensive.
- Same Day Payments - choose an Umbrella Company that doesn’t hold onto your money unnecessarily and pays you without delay.
- Compliant with HMRC rules and regulations - but can they prove it? Of course everybody will say they are compliant but what awards/accreditation do they have to prove it.
- Account Manager for every employee - if not you’ll be explaining who you are and what you do every time you call.
- Guaranteed service levels - most Umbrella Companies will promise a variety of things but unless there is a money backed service guarantee, you have very little recourse
- Online portal for timesheet and expenses - faxing or posting timesheets will soon get boring, plus you face the possibility of them getting ‘misplaced’.
- Established company & part of a chartered firm of accountants - as the Umbrella Company will be receiving your funds first, you need to be sure they won’t disappear with it.
ContractorUmbrella meets all of the above criteria and as can be seen from the price comparison table below, is also one of the most competitively priced.
Umbrella Company Price Comparison
|PlanIT Services||5% invoice value**||
5% invoice value**
(Min £12.00 Max £35 per week)
Prices correct as of 27th October 2010.
* No monthly fee so based on weekly fee x 52 weeks / 12 months
** Capped at £30 per week
As mentioned above, all Umbrella Companies are governed by the same rules and regulations, laid down by HMR&C therefore your take home pay will be the same excluding the margin of the Umbrella Company of course.
ContractorUmbrella is one of the largest and most respected Umbrella Companies in the UK. Established in 2002, it is now recognised as being the market leader with several thousand satisfied clients.
ContractorUmbrella has been confirmed as fully compliant and is affiliated to the PCG (Professional Contractors Group – UK’s largest and only trade body for Contractors). ContractorUmbrella is also an approved Umbrella Supermarket supplier and is the only Umbrella Company to have held both APSCo and KPMG compliance accreditations.
ContractorUmbrella’s customer service charter guarantee emails will be answered within 4 hours, if sent during normal office hours and the telephone will be answered, by a real person, within 3 rings. You won’t be subjected to an automated call handling platform (we hate it as much as you do) so you won’t be asked to press one for this, two for that and held waiting on hold for ages.
If you would like to enquire about our services, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team on 01206 713680 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full review of what to look for, visit our Umbrella Comparison page.
If you are struggling to finalise which company to use, please visit our Choosing an Umbrella Company page.
You may also find the following pages and guides useful:
Umbrella Company myths and facts revealed.
FREE downloadable Contractor guide
Contractor Guide to IR35
New and updated Expenses Guide
If you would like to appoint ContractorUmbrella click here.
Read what our clients have to say about us.
We are totally committed to customer service and are the only company of its type to offer a full money backed service guarantee.
ContractorUmbrella is part of the SJD Group of accountancy companies, which includes SJD Accountancy who are the chosen accountancy firm to over 12,000 contractors working through their own limited company, winner of the prestigious Accountancy Age Awards for Excellence and are the National firm of Accountants recommended by the Professional Contractors Group.