It’s vital that you find an umbrella company that you can have complete trust in, especially when you consider the fact that you rely on them to be compliant and pay you correctly and on time.
At Contractor Umbrella, we want our workers to have that trust in us, which is why we are both FCSA accredited and an APSCo Trusted Partner, to prove that we are not only compliant but that we act both professionally and ethically within the UK tax, employment and regulatory laws.
We’re delighted to announce that we have now also partnered up with JobsAware to help protect our workers and ensure full transparency within our supply chain.
What is JobsAware?
Launched in 2021, JobsAware is a not-for-profit organisation with the aim of helping to make the UK labour market safer.
It is a brand of SAFERjobs (a non-profit organisation that started off as a Metropolitan Police fraud forum within Operation Sterling in 2008) and works closely with BEIS, the Home Office, HMRC, law enforcement, DBS and other partner organisations.
JobsAware works to protect and advance worker rights by:
- Ensuring all workers and work-seekers in the country have access to free help and advice.
- Working with employers and recruitment firms to help prevent job scams and labour market abuses.
- Bringing the voices of workers and businesses to UK Gov, to help inform labour market policy.
JobsAware and the Umbrella sector
In August 2022, JobsAware formally agreed a joint working pilot with the umbrella sector.
With more than 400,000 contractors and freelancers working within the umbrella sector, the aim of these partnerships is to improve standards in the sector and generate data on non-compliant practices in order to drive more enforcement action within the flexible labour market.
The agreed principles of joint working with key members of the umbrella sector are:
- Demonstrate that Payment Intermediary partners are working proactively to protect contractor rights.
- A place to refer contractors who have concerns about their employment.
- A place to refer contractors who need general employment help or advice.
- An opportunity for Payment Intermediary partners to engage with UK Government, through the sub-committee, to discuss issues and opportunities in the sector.
- A place for Payment Intermediary partners to report abuse, such as contractor fraud.
Commenting on the joint working pilot, JobsAware Chair, Keith Rosser, said, “By working closely with the umbrella sector, we believe we can reach an even larger audience to help address critical sector issues, share information and tackle the non-compliance that we know the industry can face.”
To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend that you visit JobsAware (www.jobsaware.co.uk), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and to get free, expert advice for safer work.